Sign up here https://www.big.uk.com/event-4971942
The Public Engagement Trainers (PET) Network are having our second event on the 13th October 2022. It will be an online swap shop where a panel of professionals share some training tips and insights gained from their experiences of working in Public Engagement and Science Communication.
* What are the experiences of a University PE training manager?
* What are some of the current theories and best practices in training?
* How can we incorporate experiential learning opportunities?
* How can we involve different ‘publics’?
* What can be done to help public speakers be more engaging?
In swapping/sharing our diverse experiences, lessons and top tips, we aim to help grow and fortify the collective knowledge and skill base of the PE training community.
#training #share #network Come along to listen, learn and share amongst colleagues with varied but overlapping interests in PE training. This session is for science communication and PE trainers, whether in Universities or external, such as freelancers or training companies. It will also be valuable to University PEPs (PE practitioners), and anyone interested in finding new areas in which to target improvement of their Science Communication and PE practices.
Your Speakers are:
* Dee Davison, Public Engagement Manager, Institute of Genetics and Cancer, University of Edinburgh
* Sarah Sisson, Sphere Science Public Engagement training
* Jon Chase, Project Scientist, GlobalSCAPE project, Leiden University, Netherlands
* Dr Lorraine Coghill, Science Outreach & Engagement Specialist, Durham University & The Ogden Trust
* Martin Khechara, Associate Professor for Engagement in STEM, University of Wolverhampton
Date: 13th October 2022
Time: 13:00-15:30 UK Time
Location: Online via Zoom
Details and registration can be found here - https://lnkd.in/e9vuRVcz
The PET network is a member-led network, currently being supported by the National Co-ordinating Centre for Public Engagment (NCCPE) in collaboration with the BIG STEM Communicators Network.