- Regular UK-wide events and training courses on issues relevant to science communication and informal science education.
- A quarterly e-newsletter featuring the latest news and articles, written by and for BIG members.
- BIG-Chat online discussion list offers networking and sharing of information and views.
- Access to extra information and resources in the Members' Area of our website.
- Access to the full details of our Membership Directory in our Members' Area, featuring over 350 members based at over 150 organisations and institutions. These include the Royal Society of Chemistry, Wellcome Trust, Royal Institution, STFC and many UK universities, museums, science centres and science festivals.
- Inclusion in our online directory of contractors, science centres, members, and their interests.
- The annual BIG Event with its networking opportunities has become established as a key event for practitioners in the field.
- The opportunity to stand for, or elect, the Executive Committee who will co-ordinate BIG activities in the following year.