The BIG-Chat e-mail list
BIG-Chat is the exclusive e-mail list for people working in STEM engagement and communication. This is an active line of communication allowing for plenty of interactive networking. The list is a forum for you to exchange examples of good practice and ways of working. It can also be used for publicising events and for news items.
How to join the BIG-Chat e-mail list
To join, please email email@example.com. You can unsubscribe again at any time.
The list has open membership and is not moderated. This means that mail and replies go to all members of the list and are not checked or edited before distribution.
In common with other lists, we have a few guidelines which help make the list friendly to use:
1. Please respect other subscribers and their views - use respectful language.
2. E-mails as short as possible please.
3. When you reply to a message DON'T include the entire message in your reply. Always edit it a bit and delete something - the more the better.
4. Plain text e-mails only, not HTML or RTF.
5. Attachments - not allowed. Please copy short text into your e-mail.
6. Job adverts can be posted. Please include a closing date as well as expected salary. Also - send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org for posting onto the BIG website.
7. No adverts for commercial services. However, occasional announcements from commercial ventures, which are of real use to the list subscribers, are acceptable.
8. 'Junkmail' e-mail advertising will not be tolerated.