We are looking for a person to join our team with a passion for further developing STEMworks as a successful and highly regarded business that promotes STEM, you must share our vision, excitement and enthusiasm for Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths.
Applications close: Midday Wednesday 18th July 2018
Interviews: Thursday 26th July 2018
Salary: Circa £25 - £33K dependant on experience
Contract type: Full Time ( part time or Job share considered )
Contract term: Permanent
We are a not for profit company based in Gloucestershire that works with Schools, businesses, teachers and other organisations promoting STEM skills. We run a wide range of activities such as workshops, competitions and awards and hope to inspire young people from all backgrounds to consider careers in STEM. See our website for more information www.stemworks.co.uk
The role of the Business/Activities Lead is:
To drive the business forward through raising the profile of STEMworks amongst business, education and funding organisations to ensure the continuing support of STEMworks and to ensure a continued source of funding.
To develop and deliver a wide range of STEM focused workshops and activities in schools. These will be in line with requirements of the National Curriculum and promote the work of those Science, Technology and Engineering businesses that we partner with.
To promote STEMworks, its activities and partnerships through digital platforms including website and social media.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
· Working with the STEMworks team to develop and fulfil their strategic objectives.
· Working with business and organisations to ensure their ongoing support for workshops in schools.
· To deliver STEMworks workshops to KS2 – KS5 pupils.
· To develop new workshops and activities to meet specific needs and opportunities identified while working with schools and businesses.
· To develop new business partnerships.
· Monitoring funding organisations and other sources of funds and develop timely and appropriate applications for funding. Where appropriate developing applications in partnership with other organisations to maximise the benefits to STEMworks.
· Identifying new funding opportunities.
· At every occasion promote STEMworks with the business and education communities.
· Work with the team to further develop our digital presence and marketing.
· Monitor the delivery of funded programmes to ensure schedules and targets are achieved.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE ( E : essential D : desirable )
· Development, coordination and management of a successful project/s. ( E )
· Experience in the classroom / training room environment, maintaining discipline and engagement, ideally with some teaching or training qualification. ( E )
· Sound Science, Engineering and Maths knowledge. ( E )
· Knowledge of the KS2 – KS5 Science, Maths and Design and Technology Curriculum and associated teaching schemes. ( ( E ) at least at one key stage )
· Sound business knowledge with experience of working with a wide range of businesses and organisations. ( D )
· Knowledge of the funding sector and a demonstrable ability to win funding through formal and informal applications. ( D )
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills ( E )
· Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office. The ability to learn how to use new software packages (mainly workshop based software). ( E )
· A passion for STEM and a belief in the vital importance of these subjects for today’s society. ( E )
· An awareness of modern manufacturing / engineering practices. ( D )
· Confident to work at a senior level in both education and business environments. ( D )
SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES
· Organised and professional.
· Personable and be able to relate to people from different backgrounds and cultures.
· Creative and willing to try new ideas and approaches.
· Enthusiastic about STEM and helping others to understand STEM subjects.
· Self-motivated with ideas and initiative and be able to work under pressure.
· Must hold a full driving licence and have access to a car.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a CV and covering letter which addresses your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to find out more before applying, we would very much welcome an informal chat by phone, please email: email@example.com to arrange a convenient time to chat to a senior member of the team. A copy of the full advert along with our person specification and applicant privacy statement can be found on our website – www.stemworks.co.uk or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org