Are you dedicated to STEM education and have a desire to make a major contribution in this field? STEMworks is offering an exciting opportunity for someone passionate about STEM looking for a senior position with new challenges. STEMworks could be looking for you…
We are looking for a person to join us who is dedicated to STEM education and has a desire to make a major contribution in this field. This role offers an exciting opportunity for someone passionate about STEM looking for a senior position with new challenges.
Applications close: Tuesday 16th October 2018
Interviews: Monday 29th October 2018
Salary: Up to £40k (dependent on experience)
Location: Office based in Gloucester ( the role will involve travel)
Contract type: Full Time (Part time / job share considered)
Contract term: Permanent
Start date : To be agreed
The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
Formed in 2011, STEMworks is a successful and highly regarded business working with schools, major companies, teachers and other organisations promoting STEM skills. We run a wide range of activities such as workshops, competitions and awards and aim to inspire young people from all backgrounds to consider careers in STEM. See our website for more information: www.stemworks.co.uk
The role of the Business/Activities Manager
You will have a proven track record at a senior level and have the vision and experience to help manage and develop our business, by developing our existing partnerships and sources of funding and seeking and promoting new ones. You will also develop and deliver STEM-focused workshops and activities in schools in line with the requirements of the National Curriculum and the interests of our partner organizations.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
· Working with the STEMworks directors to develop and fulfil the company’s strategic objectives.
· Working with businesses and organisations to ensure their ongoing support for our work, and to seek and develop new partnerships.
· Monitor diverse funding sources and develop timely and appropriate applications for funding. Where appropriate working on applications in partnership with other organisations to maximise the benefits to STEMworks.
· Represent STEMworks locally and regionally.
· Deliver STEMworks workshops to KS2 – KS5 pupils.
· Identify and develop new workshops and activities to meet specific needs and opportunities.
· Work with the team to further develop our digital presence.
· Monitor our programmes to ensure :
a. A high quality of delivery,
b. Work progresses to agreed schedules
c. That agreed targets are achieved.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The following are given as skills related to the role. If you are not able to fully meet all of the essential requirements, you should be able to demonstrate a willingness and ability to grow into some of them. Full details can be found in the Person Specification
· Development, coordination and management of successful projects.
· Confident to work at a senior level in both education and business environments.
· Sound Science, Engineering and Maths knowledge with passion for STEM and a belief in the vital social importance of these subjects.
· Experience in the classroom / training room environment, maintaining discipline and engagement, ideally with some teaching or training qualification.
· Knowledge of the KS2 – KS5 Science, Maths and Design and Technology Curriculum and associated teaching schemes. ( A detailed knowledge is essential for at least one key stage )
· Excellent communication skills
· Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office. The ability to learn how to use new software packages (mainly workshop based software).
· You have worked within an organisation at a senior level demonstrating sound business knowledge.
· Experience of working with a wide range of businesses and organisations.
· A demonstrable ability to win funding through formal and informal applications.
· An awareness of modern manufacturing / engineering practices.
SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES
· Organised, professional, self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
· Personable and able to relate to people from different backgrounds and cultures.
· Willing to initiate or try new ideas and approaches.
· Enthusiastic about STEM and helping others to understand STEM subjects.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send a CV and covering letter which addresses your suitability for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to find out more before applying, we would welcome an informal chat by phone, please email: email@example.com to arrange a convenient time to chat to a senior member of the team. A copy of the full advert along with our person specification and applicant privacy statement can be found on our website –www.stemworks.co.uk or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your help with this. The closing date for applications is 16th October 2018, so would ask that the advert be taken down at this point. Should you have any questions, or need more information, feel free to contact me.