Public & Digital Programme Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Head of Operations
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Customer Engagement Assistant
CONTRACT: Full Time Permanent
SALARY LEVEL: £23,850 per annum
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week; 5 days from 7 with regular evening/weekends required
Main Purpose of Job
Aberdeen Science Centre (ASC) is a valuable resource in North Scotland where people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities can be inspired and educated through science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) related experiences.
You will develop and deliver ASC’s public programme which includes show and workshops for family audience, clubs, groups and birthday parties. This brand new role will also establish and develop the digital learning resources for ASC in collaboration with an established but evolving Education Team.
Our exciting digital programme may include, but is not limited to, delivery for social media content, live demonstrations, webinars and Meet the Expert sessions. Your role with be to collaborate with ASC’s stakeholders to support in the creation and delivery of the content.
Throughout the public and digital activities you will ensure that they are delivered by trained and informed staff to provide scientifically accurate information and in accordance with ASC’s Core Values.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
All science centre staff are expected to:
· Perform their own general clerical duties including, but not limited to, typing, copying, mailing and filing
· Ensure all current legislation including but not limited to GDPR and Health and Safety is followed at all times
· Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff and agency information.
· Consider the day to day environmental impact of their work and act to reduce accordingly i.e. turn off unwanted lights, reduce paper usage etc
· Follow any other reasonable duties as assigned by their line manager or Chief Executive.
· To attend conferences and other learning opportunities as required