Applications Close: 2 September 2019 5pm
Start Date: 6 September 2019
Project Fee: £1500
Expected minimum hours for this project is 18 hours a week for four weeks. These hours will be spread across a 5-day week. The project fee is calculated as equivalent to a £150 day rate.
The role will be home based using your own equipment. This role will involve attending meetings at National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh.
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
The role will support the Maths Week Scotland Co-ordinator to communicate the message and activity of Maths Week Scotland to an online audience, to build awareness of the campaign and drive traffic to the website and Maths Week Scotland events.
You will create exciting content to engage a range of audiences across digital platforms (blog posts, tweets, Maths Week Scotland website). This will include interacting with and growing audiences through Twitter.
Other tasks will include reviewing and approval of user generated event and schools information content on the Maths Week Scotland website.
We are looking for someone with
- Experience producing compelling, consistent content (copy, blogs, tweets)
- Confidence in using Twitter
- Experience of proofreading and editing online content
- Demonstrable experience of reaching a wide range of audiences through development of appropriate/targeted content
Our ideal candidate would demonstrate some or all of the following:
- Experience of using web content management systems and other online content tools
- Experience delivering social media strategies to ensure campaigns are consistent and engage target audiences’
- Science Communication experience and a passion for Maths or STEM-related subjects
- Experience producing engaging .Gifs or short films using Adobe Creative Suite (or equivalent) for social media