Closing date: Monday 26th June
Job Title: Science in Schools Presenter (London & South-East)
Accountable to: Head of Schools, Impact and National Partnerships
Location: Primary & Secondary Schools all over the UK
Contract type: Permanent, full-time (35 hours a week) variable work pattern depending on location of bookings
Salary: £31,000 to £33,000 per annum
The Royal Institution (Ri) is an independent charity providing science education and heritage activities for people of all ages and backgrounds across the UK and around the world. These include the world-famous CHRISTMAS LECTURES, a national programme of Masterclasses for young people in mathematics and computer science, science workshops in our L’Oréal Young Scientist Centre, and animations and films from our YouTube channel.
We are now looking for a Science in Schools Presenter who can deliver engaging science shows to children in primary and secondary schools across the UK, and who is confident in sharing their knowledge with teachers and school staff.
If successful, you will be delivering our popular science shows and professional development training sessions in schools in London and the surrounding counties. We will provide you with the scripts, the props, the training, and the bookings… all you need to focus on is delivering amazing shows that engage and enthral our audiences with the wonders of science.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have experience in presenting educational content (not necessarily science-based) to children and adults with the ability to engage and excite audiences of all ages.
- Are skilled performers with the confidence and ability to learn new content quickly and present to live audiences.
- Can act as an ambassador for the Royal Institution.
- Are committed to delivering exciting shows that keep everyone’s Health and Safety front and centre.
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle (mileage will be paid).
If you would like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am on Monday 26 June 2023 with: