Closing date 15th August 2022
Job Opportunity: Catalyst Science Discovery Centre and Museum
Job title: Weekend Science Presenter
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Location: Widnes, Cheshire
Hours: One weekend in three
Catalyst Science Discovery Centre and Museum is looking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic Science Presenter to deliver interactive shows and hands-on workshops to families and groups visiting the centre at the weekends. The role will involve performing demonstrations to the public and enthusing everyone about science.
- To deliver hands-on workshops and interactive shows to the general public and to pre-booked groups.
- Work at Catalyst one weekend (both Saturday and Sunday) in three, although occasional cover may be required to cover special events and holidays.
- To work flexible hours where required, including some early starts for pre-booked groups.
- To professionally represent Catalyst and promote its aims and objectives at all times.
The successful candidate must have
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A passion for science
- The ability to work with people of all ages
- A confident and fun personality with bags of energy
- The ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
Full training will be given. The position would suit a Further Education or University student – especially if considering a career in teaching.
On appointment you will need to apply for a DBS check as you will be working with children and their families.
To apply, please send a CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability for the role and how you meet the attributes