We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and engaging presenter to join our Team! You will primarily be based at Thinktank, Birmingham Science Museum.
This role is working full-time Monday to Friday (37 hours pw).
You will be part of a team developing and delivering creative and inclusive engagement and museum learning activities. You will support Thinktank’s commitment to inspiring children and young people to engage with Science Technology Engineering and Maths (STEM). With a key focus on connecting with local communities and schools our officers deliver onsite, through outreach, and online, to engage communities, develop audiences and contribute to income generation.
No two days will be the same, your tasks will include:
- Presenting lively and engaging sessions to school children of all ages.
- Doing live science demonstrations and Planetarium shows
- Meeting with local STEM researchers to support public engagement with science
- Supporting volunteer programmes.
- Creating activities and events as part of a new public programme
- Working with the site team to create the best visitor experience possible!
- You will also work to develop and support engagement programmes at our other sites and through outreach in community settings across Birmingham.
An enthusiasm for museums, learning and working with people will underpin your work.
We strongly support applications from those living locally to the sites.
If you believe you are the candidate for this role, please read through the job description and ensure you complete your application in full (CV's are not accepted). We will not consider partially completed application forms.
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 6th September.
The role is requires a mandatory check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS check).
Close date is 26th August 2021
If you are interested in applying please find out more here: https://birminghammuseumstrust.livevacancies.co.uk/#/job/details/139