Job title: Commissioning Editor: Future Medicine
Company name: Future Science Group
Job location: London, England, United Kingdom
The Editorial team at Future Science Group (FSG) is seeking a self-starter with a strong work ethic for the role of Commissioning Editor, with responsibility for titles within its STM academic journal portfolio.
Founded in 2001, FSG is a progressive publisher focused on breakthrough medical, biotechnological and scientific research. The company’s aim is to serve the advancement of clinical practice and drug research by enhancing the efficiency of communication among clinicians, researchers and decision-makers, and by providing innovative solutions to their information needs. It achieves this via its core business of subscription and open access journals, alongside specialist knowledge networks and content hubs.
Are you a science graduate who is keen to establish a career in STM publishing? Could you apply your enthusiasm and scientific background in a fast-paced editorial environment? FSG is now seeking a Commissioning Editor to play an important role in the running of our journal portfolio, which includes medical and pharmaceutical science titles.
The key responsibilities will include:
· Managing submissions to the journals in a timely manner, maintaining a high editorial and scientific standard
· Defining future journal content by commissioning topical articles in response to emerging trends
· Keeping up-to-date with the latest scientific advances across various subject areas
· Overseeing and implementing editorial processes to ensure all published content (commissioned and unsolicited) is of a high standard
· Building and leveraging relationships with expert authors, journal communities and subject experts
· Managing the journal social media accounts
· Working with the Editors in the Digital team on digital products of relevance to your journals
Applicants should possess a graduate qualification in biomedical science, life sciences, or a related field. The ideal candidate would demonstrate a strong attention to detail, excellent organisation and computer literacy skills, and have a proven understanding of the importance of scheduling and the ability to work to strict deadlines.
This is an ideal role to begin a career in STM publishing, with full training given to the successful candidate.
There will be opportunities for the successful candidate to develop quickly and assume responsibility for, and have a real impact on, the content and future direction of our journals.
This position is based in our North London offices, conveniently located close to Finchley Central tube station.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and cover letter stating your salary expectations to Sankeetha Nadarajah (email@example.com).
Future Science Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all qualified applications from a diverse range of candidates.