Head of Engineering, Communication & Marketing Services
If you are self-motivated, driven and have a background in engineering and communications, this is an exceptional opportunity to influence the voice, image and reach of a prestigious organisation with an outstanding reputation.
With over 115,000 members in 140 countries, the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) has been at the heart of the mechanical engineering profession since 1847.
We strive to improve the world through engineering by developing engineers, promoting engineering, informing opinion and encouraging innovation.
We are currently looking for a Head of Engineering, Communication & Marketing Services to lead this key business area.
As the Head of Engineering, Communication & Marketing Services, you will ensure that engineering remains at the heart of everything we do.
Joining an established team, you will work closely with our CEO, business units and Technical Strategy Board, as well as member groups to build our influence and credibility in the engineering and educational sector. You will deliver compelling, evidence-based policy and member engagement programmes that benefit the professional engineering community.
You will take ownership of the brand as well as all communications channels, including Professional Engineering (PE) Magazine, our website and social media, as well as public affairs and media relations, making this the great opportunity in which to make a real impact.
Some of your duties will include:
- Acting as a spokesperson for the Institution on engineering issues
- Establishing a transparent engagement framework to grow our committed and diverse volunteer base
- Managing our brand, including the promotion of the Institution, our membership and position as a subject matter expert
- Developing and delivering the digital marketing strategy
- Managing our flagship publication – Professional Engineer, as well as sourcing commercial partnership opportunities
To be considered as the Head of Engineering, Communication & Marketing Services, you will need:
- A degree (or equivalent) in engineering
- To be a registered professional engineer (or have significant similar experience)
- An understanding of the professional engineering agenda
- Significant experience in brand management and marketing communications
- Experience of using customer research and data-driven user insights to develop new marketing and communication services and improve existing services
- Proven experience of completing significant and large-scale projects to time, cost, and quality
- Excellent people and relationship management skills with the ability to influence, advice, manage and coach others
- Strong IT skills
- To be an innovative self-starter with excellent problem-solving abilities
Other organisations may call this role Head of Engineering Policy, Senior Engineering Programme Manager, Senior Engineering Policy Manager, Head of Engineering Policy and Membership, or Head of Engineering Membership Services.
- Competitive salary
- 28 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Benefits including stakeholder pension scheme, life assurance and private health cover
- Continuous training and career development
- A range of wellbeing benefits to encourage a healthy work-life balance
This is an exciting opportunity to lead an integral function in our organisation and ensure that our Institution continues to be a champion, advocate and source of expertise for the engineering community.
You will have the chance to create a high-performing team and spearhead the engineering and communications aspects of our business plan and strategic vision.
We offer the ideal environment in which to challenge yourself and make a difference. We reward innovation, encourage a healthy work-life balance and invest in our employees’ continuing professional development. After all, when you are at your best, so are we.
This role will have some home working options – however, you will be primarily based at our HQ in Westminster, so will need to live within a commutable distance of this location.
Thank you for your interest in this post. We look forward to receiving your application.
Webrecruit and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
URL for applications is: https://app.webrecruit.co/JobSeeker/ApplyOnline?jobid=60338&boardid=3182
Closing date is 19/02/2021