Communications Coordinator, The Lancet journals
- Full Time/London Wall (home-based currently)
- Department of Marketing & Communications
- Reporting to Head of Media & Communications
Working across the whole communications team, you will play a vital role supporting the team in delivering The Lancet journals’ communications strategy. This role has a strong focus on supporting our website communications and is a fantastic opportunity to gain early experience in a communications role spanning digital, social and press. You will work closely with all members of the communications team, the wider Marketing & Communications Department, Editorial teams, Product Manager and online publishing team. You will have a keen interest in science/health/medical research and be looking to start your career in communications/science communication. You will join a dedicated team of communications professionals, committed to increasing the visibility and impact of the world-leading research published in the Lancet journals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as the key contact person for editors to coordinate daily updates across thelancet.com including individual journal homepages
- Prepare images and multimedia for use on thelancet.com
- Coordinate content for resource centres on thelancet.com
- Work closely with our Product Manager and editors to develop new web pages
- Identify opportunities to improve current web pages, using data to drive decisions
- Produce regular analysis and reports of web-related activities
- Identify opportunities for homepage features, curating key content to highlight, in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications team and Editorial
- Ensure adherence to good practice for text and images on thelancet.com, including image sourcing
Press & social media support:
- Support the comms team by producing ad-hoc press and social media reports, and monitoring shared inboxes
- Support the press office by coordinating external press releases, and contributing to the schedule of external press activities
- Occasional social media support for campaigns or events
- Work with editors to produce branded social media cards
- Support the team as required as part of wider communications campaigns or events
Key skills and experience required:
This role would be suited to someone starting off their career in communications/science communications. You will need to be:
- Able to work across a broad team.
- Balance competing priorities.
- Be highly organised.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- Work collaboratively.
- Be motivated to work in a communications role.
- Demonstrate a keen interest in science, medical research and global health.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and a short cover letter explaining why you are interested in this role, why you want to work at The Lancet, and how you meet the key skills and experience required for the role.