Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (depending on experience)
Permanent Full-Time, based in Acton, London
We are looking for a highly motivated, organised and enthusiastic individual to take on the administration of our contracts.
Science Projectsis a non-for-profit organisation and our charitable objective is to promote learning, curiosity and investigation through the interaction of hands-on exhibits. We are a leading supplier of interactive exhibitions to Science Centres and museums worldwide, with recent projects completed in Denmark, Malaysia and Canada. Our own Science Centre is in Herstmonceux, East Sussex, and this, together with the travelling exhibitions that we rent out, form the charitable side of the organisation.
This is an office-based position for someone looking for a varied and a challenging role. They will help to find new opportunities as well as prepare bids and tenders. The chosen candidate will be an effective communicator who can show initiative and integration with client, management and workshop teams.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- · Find out about new contracts and grants and follow these up by phone and email
- · Coordinate the administration of each project liaising with accounts and workshop teams
- · Produce various bid documentation to a high level of visual presentation
- · Implement and manage a system of efficient and clear digital and paper filing
- · Take part in the concept development of exhibitions
- · Arrange logistics for site trips, shipping of exhibitions and delivery of exhibit parts
- · Manage client meetings and communication
- · Maintain social media presence
- · Updating company website
We are based in West London - 10 minutes from Acton Town tube station. We occupy a building with two offices and a workshop where we design and build interactive exhibits (and where the majority of our staff work). The successful candidate will be office based but have a lot of interaction with the workshop. The first floor is currently rented out.
The team at Science Projects
We are a small, friendly and experienced team. Roles are varied and duties will change from day to day -you may find yourself helping with an unusual task now and then! Our field is very specialised and extremely rewarding, and no two projects are ever the same. Our team of scientists, artists and engineers work together to design and build some of the world’s best and most engaging exhibits and attractions, from human hamster wheels to huge ball firing machines, tackling subjects from Climate Change to Newton’s theories.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Hina Younis at
firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Science Projects, Stirling House, 3-15 Stirling Road, London W3 8DJ