The Irish Centre for Research in Applied Geosciences (iCRAG) is seeking to hire an Engagement and Education Officer. This is an exciting opportunity to design, implement and evaluate the Centre’s education programme and contribute to the Centre’s public engagement programme. Reporting to the iCRAG Manager, Communications and Engagement, the Engagement and Education Officer will work to promote awareness of iCRAG’s research and the importance of the geosciences to Ireland within all sectors of the education system, including primary, secondary, third and fourth levels, parents of school-going children and teachers, through both formal and informal education activities. The Engagement and Education Officer will develop and deliver public engagement activities through iCRAG’s diverse portfolio of public engagement activities. This position will be a key role in ensuring that iCRAG’s research informs public knowledge, debate and decision-making on geoscience-related issues.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Design, deliver and evaluate an ambitious, innovative, diverse and impactful programme of formal and informal education activities to advance the goals and vision of the Centre;
- Support iCRAG researchers in developing and delivering engaging, curriculum-facing educational content and public engagement activities;
- Coordinate the education activities of iCRAG across all partner institutions and across all aspects of the research programme. This includes responsibility for the measurement, evaluation and reporting of all iCRAG education activities;
- Work closely with the ‘Public Perception and Understanding’ research cluster to ensure that the Centre’s educational material and activities are informed by the latest research developments;
- Build relationships with members of the iCRAG research team, research partner organisations, education and geoscience-related state bodies, and other relevant entities that play a role in the areas of engagement and education;
- Stay abreast of educational and engagement developments in geosciences at a national and international level to identify emerging trends;
Salary Range: €40,000 - €52,000
Closing date: 17.00hrs (GMT) on 18 January 2019
Further information: http://www.icrag-centre.org/about-us/vacancies/
To apply: visit https://www.ucd.ie/workatucd/jobs/ and use HR reference number 011092.