West Common , Harpenden AL5 2JQ, GB
Do you enjoy communicating complex science and engaging with the public in hands-on and immersive displays, dialogues and open events? We have an exciting opportunity for a Public Engagement Manager to join our Communications and Public Engagement team at Rothamsted Research, Harpenden.
The Institute’s Public Engagement Manager will be responsible for leading and delivering effective public engagement activities across internal and external stakeholder groups by:
· Developing a strategy that embeds public engagement within the culture of the Institute
· Leading and executing an action plan for public engagement activities across the Institute
· Ensuring data on events are captured and evaluated against the objectives of the strategy
· Engaging with schools and other educational organisations
· Working with the STEM ambassadors in the Institute and providing support and training to staff
The role requires excellent written and oral communication and strong creative skills to develop accessible, interactive and visually attractive public engagement activities. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, be a team player and be able to both lead and work within teams to deliver against tight deadlines.They will be highly organised and be able to inspire whilst also being attentive to detail. A previous track record in science public engagement relating to plant and animal science, food or agriculture would be highly advantageous.
Interviews to be held: 19, 22 or 23 November 2018