Do you enjoy working with maths? Would you like to contribute to children’s academic, physical and social well-being? Are you creative and able to think outside the box? If so, we are looking for people like you who can help us turn maths into entertainment.
Numberfit is an award winning social enterprise that offers STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) programmes. Working with schools and nurseries delivering lessons on National Curriculum topics and EYFS for 3-14 year olds in innovative ways, the Numberfit active maths class is our flagship project. Our aim is to make STEM fun and enjoyable by using energetic physical activities and team games to teach numeracy and problem solving. We are building an entire entertainment brand based around STEM.
We are a small but growing Social Enterprise with big ideas. We are looking for an individual with the energy and enthusiasm to help us with the way forward and to become an important part of our exciting and innovative journey.
There are many aspects to this role:
- Delivering STEM sessions in schools and at our tuition centre.
- Entertainment research, developing and testing games.
- Building a fun ecosystem of STEM projects.
- Lesson preparation.
- Creating and facilitating STEM Club sessions.
- Mathematics and Science tutoring.
- Social Media.
- New business development.
You will need to be highly numerate, fun, hardworking and enthusiastic, with excellent communication skills and keen to help to contribute to children’s academic, physical and social well-being. The role is a multi-faceted one and will be tailored based on the candidates’ expertise.
You will also be able to help drive the business forward with sales and marketing, no experience is necessary – enthusiasm and great ideas are more important to us.
The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be highly efficient and be able to prioritise their work load effectively.
They will be able to demonstrate:
- A high level of numeracy (i.e. A level maths and a quantitative degree discipline).
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Thoroughness/strong attention to detail.
- Highly personable and able to get along with customers, schools and tutors alike.
- IT literate with experience in all Office packages.
We are located in Amersham (South Buckinghamshire) on the Metropolitan line.
If you are as excited by this opportunity as we are and would like to find out more, please apply by sending a CV and covering letter using the reference MF118 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can start this exciting journey together.