£46,000 - £57,000 + 12% Bonus + £6k car allowance + Benefits
WALTHAM is the fundamental science centre for Mars Petcare and focuses on the nutrition and wellbeing of dogs, cats, horses, birds and fish, and their benefits to humans. The Science Engagement and Communication Team play a critical role in the centre’s operation, partnering with researchers to create inspiring communication content that tells the story of our science and the positive impact of our research. The team is multimedia focussed, working across video, print and online to deliver accessible and engaging science communications to multiple audiences. The team also plays a leading role in organising on-site visits and events, including a triennial international research conference.
The Scientific Content Manager, as a segment communications specialist, will meet the changing and growing demands of the business via creating, editing and optimising content for Corporate Affairs channels (internal and external), with a focus on high quality and globally relevant digital content for social media, in support of Mars Petcare Purpose.
Following a reorganisation of science communication within Mars Petcare, the new role of Global Scientific Content Manager has been created. Reporting to the Director of Global Science Communication and Engagement, the postholder will play a critical role in developing a dynamic and innovative communication programme and actively contribute to Mars Petcare’s new strategic approach to science communication. We have a great science stories to tell; we need the very best in communication talent to tell them.
In this role you will...
- Partner closely with researchers and other stakeholders across Mars Petcare to identify key science messages, and create engaging digital content to effectively communicate these to relevant multiple audiences.
- Create, maintain and optimise social and digital media channels across Mars Petcare for science communication
- Contribute to the development of an overall strategic science communication programme for Mars Petcare, aligned with market and divisional priorities
- Contribute to the development of digital and social media capability across Mars Petcare Corporate Affairs
- Actively brief and manage contractors in content creation
- Contribute to the smooth management of the Global Science Communication and Engagement Team
- In collaboration with the team, effectively manage communication budgets.
- Focus on impact: Continuously review content and channels against metrics and respond proactively to internal and external audiences and stakeholders
Essential: Honours degree in life sciences and a post graduate qualification in science communication or a related field
Experience of working in a professional communications environment to a high international standard.
High level of fluency in written and oral English with an ability to write in multiple styles for varying audiences
Demonstrable skill in digital content creation including at least one of the following: news writing, photography, video, graphic design, strategic social media campaigning.
Ability to work under pressure, and to tight deadlines
High level of proficiency in working with digital systems