UKAEA's Communication team are seeking a Communications Assistant to work with the Education & Public Outreach Manager for an initial period of 6 months (based in Oxfordshire). Both full and part time will be considered. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude; will be out-going and well organised. You do not need previous work experience or a specific degree, however, we would expect you to have a keen interest in Science!
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Supporting the Education & Public Outreach Manager with the booking and organisation of visits, workshops, talks and festival appearances
- Delivering talks and workshops for schools, taking part in festivals
- Assisting in the production of educational resources for schools as part of an ongoing project
- Contributing content to UKAEA's social media accounts
UKAEA researches fusion energy and related technologies. Nuclear fusion, the process that powers the Sun, can play a big part in our carbon-free energy future. The Culham Centre for Fusion Energy (CCFE) is part of the UK Atomic Energy Authority and is one of the world`s leading fusion research laboratories. Our scientists and engineers are working with partners around the globe to develop fusion as a new source of clean energy for tomorrow`s power stations.
Knowledge skills and experience:
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work on more than one project at once
- The ability to communicate effectively with different audiences
- A good team player - in a small team it is important that we are all able to support each other's work
- A driving licence would be ideal (you do not need your own vehicle)
- Experience of delivering science content to a general public or schools audience
Apply here: https://www.cv-library.co.uk/job/206715713/Communications-Assistant
Closing date: 31 October 2017