The BIG-Chat e-mail list
BIG-Chat is the e-mail list for people working in STEM engagement and communication. This is an active line of communication allowing for plenty of interactive networking. The list is a forum for BIG members to exchange examples of good practice and air their views. It can also be used for publicising events, for news items and circulation of job adverts.
How to join the BIG-Chat e-mail list
To join email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can unsubscribe again at any time.
The list has open membership and is not moderated. This means that mail and replies go to all members of the list and are not checked or edited before distribution.
In common with other lists, we have a few guidelines which help make the list friendly to use:
1. Please respect other subscribers and their views - use respectful language.
2. E-mails as short as possible please.
3. When you reply to a message DON'T include the entire message in your reply. Always edit it a bit and delete something - the more the better.
4. Plain text e-mails only, not HTML or RTF.
5. Attachments - not allowed. Please copy short text into your e-mail.
6. Job adverts should not be posted. Instead, send your job announcement to email@example.com for posting onto the website.
7. No adverts for commercial services. However, occasional announcements from commercial ventures, which are of real use to the list subscribers, are acceptable.
8. 'Junkmail' e-mail advertising will not be tolerated.